Search This Blog

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Here we go!

What a busy summer at school!  Mrs. Millham, Mrs. Reith, and Mrs. Racicot have been very helpful and welcoming.  I've learned a great deal about Malletts Bay School and all the exciting things we have going on this school year.  I had the opportunity to meet the other administrators in the Colchester School District, and to meet with the School Board. 

I also met with the Malletts Bay Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO) and I am excited about all the positive energy and ideas parents bring to their school.  The PTO will be at the August 31st Back to School Open House, ready to welcome new families and students.  I'm looking for a group of fifth graders to be "welcome buddies" for our new third graders.  If you are interested, give me a call at school or send me an email.

Mrs. Millham and I have a surprise for those who can attend the "Back to School" barbeque on August 26th.  I plan to introduce myself to the community with a few words, and then we have a special surprise before we all sit back and enjoy the music of "Mango Jam." 

While it has been very busy and interesting working at school this summer, what we really need are some KIDS!  The teachers are all coming in to set up their classrooms, we're organizing some new programs and technology, and putting the final touches on a busy summer of moving, cleaning, and setting up - we're just about ready for the students and families.  I can't wait to meet you!

No comments:

Post a Comment